HOW TO USE
1. CREATE YOUR PAGE
- Enter your name or nickname.
- (Optional) Take a photo of yourself in race ware with your BIB on it, so that your friends and family can recognize you.
Only for Android version, SD card is required.
- (Optional) Add a comment like race name, your BIB number, start time, your target finish time, message to your friends and family, or emoticons.
Select your page's privacy setting.
- Only who knows your page's address can access your page.
- Your page is listed in the index page. You may get worldwide audience and may be an international star.
When you select Public, please be sure to enter the race name. The list in the index page is sorted by race names.
When you use this service in training, please do NOT set your page Public to avoid getting in dangerous situation.
Press "Create My Page" button, then your page is created.
When your page is successfully created, your page's address is shown in the "Your Page Address" section.
Your page is temporal and initially effective only for one day. The remaining effective period is shown at the top of the "Set" tab page. You can extend the effective period up to 5 days by one day by pressing "+1day" button.
Please allow the remaining effective period to have a few minutes error.
- When you make your page "Private," click "Share My Page" button to let your friends and family know your page's address.
2. START TIMER AND RUN
(iPhone Only) Please switch OFF Wi-Fi before you start.
The small circle at the top left corner is GPS signal indicator.
Green shows that GPS signal has been acquired and ready to start. Usually it takes less than 1 minute to acquire the first GPS signal but please be advised that it may take more than 10 minutes in the worst case. (TIP: Standing still helps your device acquire the first GPS signal fast.)
While the timer is stopped, if you go to other pages, if you use other applications, or if your devise goes into power-save mode, then this application stops to acquire GPS signals to save power consumption.
Once the timer has been started, this application continues to acquire GPS signals, but in a energy-saving way.
Set the preferences by pressing "PREFERENCES" button. For Android version, you can go and set the preferences by pushing your device's MENU and selecting Preferences.
- Record Interval
- Interval of recording where you are. The shorter interval, the more accuracy in distance. The longer interval, the fewer power consumption. But on iPhone this setting doesn't matter with power consumption very much.
- Record In Background (iPhone Only)
- If set to Off, GPS gets off and no location is recorded while this application is in background like while screen is locked or while other applications get foreground. Timer continues counting (without consuming any power), and once this application gets foreground again, it tries to record the current position as soon as possible. This extremely reduces the power consumption, but the distance gets quite inaccurate because this application measures the distance as if you traveled linearly from the previously recorded location to the current location. Use this option when you run very long distance race. And use “Adjust Distance” function together.
*Important TIP: After you re-launch this application, please wait for a while until the value of distance is updated.
- Update Interval
- Interval of updating your page. The shorter interval, the more timely your friends and family can track you. The longer interval, the fewer power consumption.
- Stop When Battery Low
- If set, this application stops when it gets "Battery Low" signal.
- Unit of Distance
- Select "miles" or "kilometers."
- Lap Interval Distance
- This application automatically mark the lap at your specified distance. Any number will do. For example, 0.5 means 0.5 miles or at 0.5km(500m) depending on your "Unit of Distance" settings. To disable this function, set extremely long distance like 1000.
- Race Distance
- After the timer is started, this application estimates your finish time by your average pace.
- Beep When Lap
- If set, your device beeps when a lap is marked unless in silent mode.
- Vibrate When Lap (Android Only)
- If set, your device vibrates when a lap is marked.
For iPhone version, it depends on its general settings.
- When start running, press START button. The timer is started, the background color gets blue and START button is switched to STOP button. It is recommended to lock the screen to prevent STOP button being unintentionally pressed.
When finish running, press STOP button. The timer is stopped, the background color gets red and STOP button is switched to START button.
Of course, you can stop and restart the timer anytime you want.
- When you want to mark the lap manually, press LAP button.
- When you want to adjust the distance, enter the distance and press "ADJUST DIST. TO" button. The distance should be non-decimal value.
- When you want to reset the timer, press RESET button. This deletes all the data so far, but your page is still effective.
- (iPhone Only) The up-arrow button at the lower right corner is for "Force Send." See TROUBLESHOOTING below.